2014 Report 240: Adults with Incapacity
- Related project: Adults with incapacity
- Preceding Discussion Papers: DP on Adults with Incapacity DP 156
Implementing legislation: none (but see the Scottish Government's initial response, consultation in December 2015 and the Scottish Government's proposals in January 2018)
2014 Report 239: Trust Law
- Report on Trust Law SLC 239.pdf
- Trust news release.pdf
- BRIA final signed.pdf
- Rep 172 - Trustees' Powers and Duties (LC 260)
- Trusts (Scotland) Bill - Revised clean draft (2018).pdf
- Trusts (Scotland) Bill (Revised) - Explanatory note (2018).pdf
- News Release - Trusts (Scotland) Bill (Revised draft - 2018).pdf
- Related project: Trusts
- Preceding Discussion Papers: DP 123 - Breach of Trust , DP 124 - Apportionment of Trust Receipts and Outgoings , DP 126 - Trustees and Trust Administration , DP 129 - Variation and Termination of Trusts , DP 133 - The Nature and Constitution of Trusts , DP 138 - Liability of Trustees to Third Parties , DP 142 - Accumulation of Income and Lifetime of Private Trusts , Supplementary and Miscellaneous Issues relating to Trust Law (Discussion paper 148)
See the Scottish Government's recent response.
Implementing legislation: none (but see the Scottish Government's initial response and additional response).
2014 Report 238: Insurance Contract Law: Business Disclosure; Warranties; Insurers' Remedies for Fraudulent Claims; and Late Payment
- Related project: Insurance law
- Preceding Discussion Papers: DP 134 - Insurance Contract Law: Misrepresentation, Non-Disclosure and Breach of Warranty by the Insured , Insurance contract law: post contract duties and other issues: a joint consultation paper (DP 152) , CP_3.pdf
- Implementing legislation: Insurance Act 2015 (c 4) (all recommendations except those on damages for late payment), For the latter, see Enterprise Act 2016 (c 12), Part 5. , http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2016/12/contents/enacted/data.htm
2014 Report 237: Regulation of Health Care Professionals
- Related project: Regulation of health care professionals
- Preceding Discussion Papers: Regulation of Health Care Professionals; Regulation of Social Care Professionals in England: a Joint Consultation Paper (dp 153)
Implementing legislation: none but see the Government consultation (November 2017) here and the Government response.
2014 Report 236: Annual Report 2013
- Related project: Previous annual reports
No legislation required.
2014 DP/CM 159: Compulsory Purchase
- Related project: Compulsory Purchase
- Resulting Reports: Report to Scottish Government on Consolidated Responses to Discussion Paper on Compulsory Purchase No. 159.pdf
2014 DP/CM 158: Electoral Law
- Related project: Electoral Law
- Resulting Reports: Electoral Law - An Interim Report.pdf , Summary of Interim Report on UK Electoral Law.pdf
Electoral Law - An Interim Report and Summary
NB This report is interim only.
Electoral Law - Interim Report - Impact Assessment.pdf
2014 DP/CM 157: Review of Contract Law: Discussion Paper on Third Party Rights in Contract
- Related project: Contract law in light of the Draft Common Frame of Reference (DCFR)
- Resulting Reports: Review of Contract Law - Report on Third Party Rights (No 245).pdf
2013 Report 235: Consolidation of legislation relating to Co-operative and Community Benefits Societies
- Related project: Consolidation of statutes
- Implementing legislation: Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 , http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/14/contents
2013 Report 234: Level Crossings
- Related project: Level crossings
- Preceding Discussion Papers: dp 143 - Level crossings: a joint consultation paper
Implementing legislation: none (but see the UK Government's responses, in 2014 and in 2018).